Roofing Product Information
Strong-Seal® Roof Fill Material
Roof Fill Material is a preblended cementitious mixture specifically designed for new and replacement lightweight insulating
deck construction. Roof Fill Material is designed to be lightweight, fireproof, versatile enough to be applied over a variety of
bases, insulating and easy to apply.
- Reroofing: Slope to drain systems employing Roof Fill Material and, in some cases, polystyrene board, provide an economical
solution to existing flat roofs with damage due to ponding of water.
- Substrates: Roof Fill Material is suitable for installation over most structurally sound roofing systems including concrete,
metal, wood or other lightweight concretes.
||Roof Fill 1:4
||Roof Fill 1:6
||33 - 38 lbs./cubic foot
||20 - 22 lbs./cubic foot
||65 - 70 lbs./cubic foot
||45 - 49 lbs./cubic foot
||12 - 16 hours
||24 - 72 hours
||100 - 125 psi
||300 - 350 psi
||140 - 175 psi
||6 - 8 gallons per bag
||6 - 8 gallons per bag
Strong-Seal® Quick Level Plus
Quick Level Plus is a pre-blended cementitious, fast setting mixture specifically designed for leveling roof substrates where ponding or inadequate
slope exists prior to application of new rigid insulation system. Quick Level Plus is formulated to allow application of rigid insulation by
either mechanical fastening to the structure or hot asphalt mopping of the rigid insulation board to the surface of the Quick Level Plus, in
most cases, on the same day.
Note: Quick Level Plus is designed for direct to metal deck application.
The design of a new rigid insulation system to remove water from an existing roof surface is predicated on the concept that the surface is level.
However, the existing surface may not be level because of ponds created by compression of the substrate, deflection of the structural elements,
or shifting of columns supporting the roof structures. Quick Level Plus is formulated to correct many of these conditions so that the new rigid
insulation system allows for efficient water removal.
Condition A: Existing building was designed with slope in the roof structure but over time the columns have changed their relative height
and created pond conditions. Quick Level Plus can correct those ponding conditions and allow installation of a new constant thickness rigid
insulation system and membrane, which will effectively shed water.
Condition B: Existing roof system was installed as a flat but over time the structure elements have deflected and ponds have been created.
A tapered rigid insulation system is designed to create slope and allow the new roof membrane to shed water. The use of Quick Level Plus
insures that the existing surface is made level so that the rigid insulation system performs as it was designed. Without Quick level Plus
the new tapered rigid insulation system will form the same ponds in the new roof.
Bulk Density: 42 - 47 lbs./cubic foot
Wet Density: 80 - 85 lbs./cubic foot
Set Time: 2 - 3 hours
2 hours: > 50 psi
1 day: > 250 psi
28 days: > 325 psi
Mix Water: 2½ to 3 gallons per bag
1.02 DELIVERY AND STORAGE OF MATERIALS
- The contractor shall provide all labor, materials, tools, and equipment to install Quick Level Plus as specified herein.
1.03 ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- All materials shall be delivered in their original unopened packages and protected from exposure to the elements. Damaged or deteriorated materials shall be removed from the job site.
2.00 MATERIALS & MIXING
- Quick Level Plus is for exterior application and used to level depressions in existing roofing or structural concrete substrates prior to application of rigid board insulation or roofing membranes. Quick Level Plus is to be applied when the outside temperature is 40 degrees or above for the first 24 hours after application.
- Quick Level Plus as marketed by Strong-Seal ® Systems.
- Water-Potable, free from impurities.
- Add 2 l/2 to 3 gallons of water maximum per bag of Quick Level Plus and mix until all dry material is wet and the mixed material is self-leveling. Mix only the quantity of Quick Level Plus that can completely be used within 30 minutes after mixing.
3.01 PREPARATION OF EXISTING SUBSTRATES
3.02 STRUCTURAL CONSIDERATIONS
- Follow good roofing practice by removing all existing wet rigid insulation and reapplying new dry insulation covered with a minimum two ply BUR mopped in place with hot asphalt to insure tightness of the existing roof membrane prior to application of Quick Level Plus.
- The following types of roofs shall have all loose gravel, granules, and other debris removed prior to application of Quick Level Plus:
- Gravel or granules adhered to existing membranes.
- Smooth surface BUR with an asphalt floor coat.
- New structural concrete surfaces.
- Occupied structures with a structural concrete substrate shall be made waterproof with a minimum two ply BUR mopped in place with hot asphalt and glaze coated with asphalt prior to application of Quick Level Plus.
3.03 INSTALLING QUICK LEVEL PLUS
- A structural engineer or designated representative of the owner shall determine that the existing structure can accept the additional weight of Quick Level Plus prior to installation.
3.04 INSTALLING RIGID BOARD INSULATION
- Pour Quick Level Plus into the depression until it is filled. Strike off the surface so that the filled area is level with the existing surface.
- Allow Quick Level Plus to harden for two (2) hours before walking on the filled area.
- Quick Level Plus may be applied directly to metal deck.
- The rigid board insulation can be installed after Quick Level Plus has hardened for six (6) hours. Rigid board insulation can be installed by mopping hot asphalt onto the surface of Quick Level Plus and imbedding the board. Rigid board insulation can be installed by screw attaching the board into the structural substrate below the existing roofing membrane following attachment recommendations of the rigid board insulation manufacturer.
The Strong Company, Inc.
Warrants that this product was produced in conformity with its standard specifications of formulations within recognized tolerances, free of
adulteration or contamination, and that the product will perform in accordance with the representation in Strong-Seal® System's literature
and technical data sheets when properly applied in strict conformance with the patented instructions on this container and prescribed in
technical data instructions and when applied to a properly prepared surface.
Quick Level Plus
for Lightweight Concrete Roof Deck Repair
Also used in leveling birdbaths, indentions, replacement of tear outs.
A BETTER DECK MEANS A BETTER ROOF AND A HAPPY BUILDING OWNER
- No risk of corrosion like other materials used for deck repair
- Designed for direct to metal deck application
- 2-3 hour set time
- Preblended, requires only the addition of water at the jobsite
- Easy to mix, easy to install, recover the roof the same day
- Bring the deck "back to solid and sound substrate" before installing the new roof membrane.
- Quick level plus is packaged in 63 pound bags
CALL THE STRONG COMPANY, INC. TODAY